I think the issue is really that it is not a very elegant solution and
is outside the realm of a standard non-technical persons experience.
The whole idea of having the end-user register a pre-built app as
their own is cumbersome. That said it is the only real solution to the
dilemma. It is the solution that I have chosen for my own apps.