Hey Ryan,

You may also want to consider using the Streaming API to follow the
users you would have in the list. This would require you to store the
Tweets streamed to you somehow and then echo them out, but it will
mean you'll get them as they happen. You can read more about the
Streaming API here:
    http://dev.twitter.com/pages/streaming_api

In particular you might want to use the follow predicate of the track method:
    http://dev.twitter.com/pages/streaming_api_methods#statuses-filter

Best,
Matt

Matt Harris