Hey Roger,

Thanks for sharing your code. A few things about the rate limits you are seeing:

The 150 rate limit is for non-authenticated requests to the Twitter
API. These requests happen when no user identifying details are sent.
The 350 rate limit is for OAuth authenticated requests to the Twitter
API. These requests happen when you send a user token and secret.

As you are not authenticating with Basic Auth in any of your requests
you would only see the unauthenticated rate limit (150) or your OAuth
rate limit (350). The reason you could be seeing 150 is that the token
and secret you have are no longer valid - although in that situation I
would expect us to return an error saying "Could not authenticate with
OAuth. I'll be looking into other reasons why that might be happening
later today.

Hope that explains what you are seeing,
Matt