Thank you for your reply.

Shortly after i submitted my question, it started working, but it was
not working two hours today, from about 12:00 pm (possibly earlier) to
2:00 pm/

The URL i was requesting was
http://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/user_timeline.json?callback=jsonp1283284871369&screen_name=eprinews&count=3&page=1&include_rts=1.
Requests are succeeding now, but i was getting error 53 before. I
would like to understand what happened.

Thanks again.