Hi all,

My first day working on a twitter app, basically I have a web page
that displays a public feed from a celeb. I am calling
http://twitter.com/statuses/user_timeline/celebname.json and then
using jquery to display the feed. Now I know the json exists because
if I paste the url above in the browser it lets me save the json. If I
call the json locally from my code http://localhost/test/celebname.json
it returns the json and I can display the feed, but when I call
http://twitter.com/statuses/user_timeline/celebname.json it returns
nothing. Any ideas? Is is to do with the switch to OAuth? Do I have to
create a twitter app which calls the feed, and the celeb has to
authorise the app? Even though its a public feed?

Any suggestions would be great. I posted code below

$(function () {
    var html ="";

/*  I can save the following json but it returns nothing in code */
    var tweeturl = "http://twitter.com/statuses/user_timeline/
celebname.json";

/* this works when json saved locally*/
    //var tweeturl = "http://localhost/testcelebname.json";;

    $.getJSON(tweeturl, function (d) {

        $.each(d, function (i, item) {

            if (i % 3 == 0 && i != 0) {
                html += "</div>";
            }

           if (i % 3 == 0)
           {
                html +=  "<div class=\"tweet-items\">";
           }

            html += "<div class=\"jeanne-tweet\"><p>" + item.text + "</

        });

        $('#tweet-items').append(html);
    });
});