On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 3:25 PM, Taylor Singletary
<taylorsinglet...@twitter.com> wrote:
> Hi Damon,
> Verify that your application has a "default callback URL" set on your app's
> page on dev.twitter.com -- the existence of that field is what determines
> whether we'll automatically be sending you into out of band mode or note.
> Further, while that default callback URL needs to exist on your application
> record, make sure that you're sending an oauth_callback on the request token
> step with the URL you want to be directed to following the authentication
> step -- it's best to be explicit instead of relying on some implicit setting
> in your application record (and not providing an oauth_callback on the
> request token step is not correct to the specification).
> Taylor

Thanks Taylor.  Yes, I had figured out that I needed to specify one in
the call as well (I had already set one in the dev.twitter.com UI).  I
don't know the precise cause of the issue, but I did figure out it was
a gem version issue.  'oauth' Ruby gem 0.3.4 works and 'oauth' Ruby
gem 0.4.2 does not.  If anyone can shed any light on that, it'd be
much appreciated, but at least 0.3.4 is working.

Thanks,
/damon