If you use Twitter API ME Single Access token auth you will get access to
Twitter API, even on emulator. When you use this type of auth, HTTPS is
bypassed. But is just a workaround, since Single Access token has its
constraints.

Ernandes Jr.
"ALL programs are poems. However,
NOT all programmers are poets."