On 9/3/10 12:28 AM, Lars wrote:
> Why aren't my answers to Tom being displayed?
No idea.

> I based my program on the exmaples I found under
> http://apiwiki.twitter.com/OAuth-Examples
> especially on the example of Scott Carter
> http://www.social.com/main/twitter-oauth-using-perl/.
> I followed his comment:
>
> # Add padding character to make a multiple of 4 per the
>     # requirement of OAuth.
>     $signature .= "=";
As long as the amount of characters is a multiple of 4, it's fine. :)

>> I also noticed that you don't URL encode the values in $content. If I
>> recall correctly, you have to URL encode those as well.
>
> I think I do encode them with
>
> my $signature_base_str = "POST&" . uri_escape_RFC3986($api_url) .
> "&" . uri_escape_RFC3986($content);
>
> correct?
No, you need to urlencode the key/value as well, and later urlencode the
complete body.

>> If that was not the issue, then please show your Base String and the
>> HTTP request.
>
> This is the base string:
>
> POST&http%3A%2F2Fapi.twitter.com%2F1%2Fstatuses
> %2Fupdate.json&oauth_consumer_key%3DXXX%26oauth_nonce
> %3D10000000001%26oauth_signature_method%3DHMAC-SHA1%26oauth_timestamp
> %3D1272325550%26oauth_token%3DXXX%26oauth_version%3D1.0%26status
> %3DHello%20world
Quoting my validator (http://quonos.nl/oauthTester/) :
# Bad URL encoding!
# Both key and value in the POST body need to be URL encoded.

> What do you mean with show us the HTTP request. I think I am doing the
> HTTP request with
>
> my $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new;
> my $req = POST($api_url => [
>            oauth_nonce => $oauth_nonce,
>            oauth_signature_method => $oauth_signature_method,
>            oauth_timestamp => $oauth_timestamp,
>            oauth_consumer_key => $oauth_consumer_key,
>            oauth_token => $oauth_token,
>            oauth_signature => $signature,
>            oauth_version => $oauth_version,
>            status => $status
>            ]);
>
> # Make the request
> my $res = $ua->request($req);
Actually I meant a dump of the request you make, like the "POST
/endpoint HTTP/1.1" part, including headers.

Tom