Hey Cradash,

Where do the username and password come from that you use?

If they are entered by a user you can handle the OAuth flow at that
time. Once you have an OAuth user token and secret it does not expire
and will continue to work until either the user revokes access to the
application, or the applications keys are changed. This means that
when you have the user token and secret you store that instead of the
username and password, and use those details to make requests to the
API.

There is more information about converting Basic to OAuth on our
developer resources site:
    http://dev.twitter.com/pages/basic_to_oauth

Hope that helps,
Matt

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 4:57 PM, Cradash <rand...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, but I have not found a way  to have the server go out with the
> consumer Key/secret then get the id # programmaticly, that's what I
> was looking for.
>
> On Sep 3, 9:44 am, Taylor Singletary <taylorsinglet...@twitter.com>
> wrote:
>> Each Twitter feed in this case is a "user".
>>
>> On Thursday, September 2, 2010, Cradash <rand...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Unfortunately that is not an option for us as we have no 'users'. We
>> > have a server that gleans information then posts it into twitter
>> > feeds, all automated.

> Change your membership to this group:

Matt Harris
Developer Advocate, Twitter