Bernd, totally.

In answer to the OP, I was referring to the traditional server-based
app.

These may one day constitute a numeric minority of apps, but will
probably remain an important use case for some time to come.

Really, all bets are off when you talk about stealing of the device.
When there is a risk of theft, a device (phone, car etc) needs to be
disabled, turned off etc.

Publishing Bob's token, credit card details or other compromising
information by that criminal Alice would be bad for Bob, I'll grant
you that.