It isn't possible to do this without having access to the users
account. One of the main reasons being that protected users statuses
are not available to accounts who do not follow them. If the user you
want to construct the home timeline for follows a protected user you
won't be able to get their statuses without authentication. In
addition various social graph features such as retweets and mentions
would need to be found, merged, de-duplicated and ordered.

The simplest method is to be granted permission by the user to call
their home_timeline.

Best,
Matt

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 1:03 PM, Bernd Stramm <bernd.str...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Sep 2010 12:12:19 -0700 (PDT)
> Karthik <fermis...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Is it feasible to construct home timeline of any user without using
>> the API statuses/home_timeline, which requires user's authentication?
>>
>> We could iterate through user's friends graph, gather each friend's
>> statuses and sort them by time. But it's an overkill for an user with
>> more following. Any other options?
>
> - Create a fake user that has follows the same accounts,
>
> Or,
>
> - Pay Twitter for the data, I'm sure they will be happy to accommodate
>  you ;)
>

> --
> Bernd Stramm
> bernd.str...@gmail.com