Cameron,

Thank you for replying.. I looked at your code and was very quickly
overwhelmed.

I can (well, used to) update using three lines:

$twitter_tweet = "tweet out something here";
$twitter_api = 'curl --basic --user name:password --data status="'.
$twitter_tweet.'" http://twitter.com/statuses/update.xml > /dev/null
2> /dev/null';
system ("$twitter_api");

I have no desire to rule the world with twitter and all this
authentication stuff now is like shoveling a small walkway with a
bulldozer! I just want to quickly update my own twitter account. It
can't be this hard, can it?? Can't I just grab a key and put it in the
mix here?

I just want the same functionality I had with those three little
lines....

G.