My notification may have been due to the fact that I've been a member of the
Dev List for some time thus foresaw this coming and I think it was mentioned on
the old Twitter API wiki. I took notice do to the fact I was working on a TCL
twitter app for an IRC eggdrop bot that was using Basic Auth and was struggling
and waiting for someone with more knowledge than I to write a TCL resource I
could use. I also follow @twitterapi on twitter.