Hi,

You want to save their ID rather than their screen name, as screen names
change often.

And as Tom hinted at, there's no callback.  You can either call
verify_credentials the first time they show up, or wait till you attempt to
make another call on their behalf and handle the failure due to incorrect
credentials.

Tim.