You should use the Streaming API for large scale integrations. We're not
doing much whitelisting for the REST API at the moment, but the shadow role
on the Streaming API is generally available. If all of your users are
public, use the shadow role on stream.twitter.com/1/statuses to get all of
their statuses, but not their timelines. This feature has been in production
for over a year.

If you have OAuth tokens for the users, you can use the Site Streams beta to
get protected user's statuses, but currently you will also get a lot of
other information for them as well.

-John Kalucki
http://twitter.com/jkalucki
Twitter, Inc.