This is a known quirk of how that page works. If you don't provide a
callback URL we default you back to a client application. To be able
to have a browser based application the callback URL must be
specified. When doing this remember you should still send a
oauth_callback during the request_token phase of the OAuth flow.

Hope that helps,
Matt

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 4:16 PM, Babak <babak.tara...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Tom.
>
> well, I choose the Browser as Application Type.
>
> But I left the callback url field blank and it saved my settings
> nicely ! and then when i checked it back the application type was
> changed to client !!!!!!
> and this time i wrote something in callback url field and seems it
> really saved my settings.
>
> so is it a bug in app settings page validation ?
>

> On Sep 8, 12:29 am, Tom van der Woerdt <i...@tvdw.eu> wrote:
>> Is your application marked as a web app onhttp://dev.twitter.com/apps?
>>
>> Tom
>>
>> On 9/7/10 10:08 PM, Babak wrote:
>>
>> > HI all,
>>
>> > I'm new at OAuth and every time I try to request for a token from
>> >https://api.twitter.com/oauth/request_token
>>
>> > it returns me this error :
>> > /oauth/request_token  Desktop applications only support the
>> > oauth_callback value 'oob'
>>
>> > I'm not developing a Desktop app !!!! its a Web application (JS app).
>>
>> > I used this library in my application:
>> >http://oauth.googlecode.com/svn/code/javascript/
>>
>> > And the weird thing is that when I remove oauth_callback from post
>> > parameters it returns the "true" value for "oauth_callback_confirmed"
>> > like this :
>> > oauth_token=XXXX&oauth_token_secret=XXXX&oauth_callback_confirmed=true
>>
>> > Any idea what am I doing wrong ?

> Change your membership to this group:

Matt Harris
Developer Advocate, Twitter