No... just to clarify, I'm talking about the Twitter.com website. I've
wondered about it for some time.

See: http://twitter.com/twitterapi/team. Each tweet has a 'Reply' link
but no 'Retweet'. It seems to be intentional but I don't get the
logic. You can retweet from search results, from the various retweets
timelines - if it were a bug it would have been trivial to fix long
ago.

OK, wait - it seems to be a browser thing. I'm on Firefox 3.6.8 for
Ubuntu and inspecting with Firebug I see that the <span class="retweet-
link"> is there but set to display:none in some css somewhere..