We'll have entities support working better soon, it took time to identify
the cause of sporadic missing entities. As you've noted, it's always a good
idea to code defensively both for fields that may not exist yet, and
especially in the case of something new like entities, for the event that
they'll be missing. As you may have noticed, features of Twitter get turned
off now and then for maintenance, performance reasons, or other issues.

Taylor