Some mobile clients opt to use a form of OAuth called xAuth for
authenticating users without the web-page-song-and-dance. You can find out
more about xAuth at http://dev.twitter.com/pages/xauth and can request
permissions to utilize it by sending a detailed note to a...@twitter.com --
it is unlikely whether you'll receive authorization to use xAuth within 20
hours (it generally takes 3 or more days). Otherwise, you can still direct
users through the "out of band" OAuth flow.

Thanks,
Taylor