HI calyps,

Good questions. Yes, the search API only returns results from the last
6 or 7 days. To be exact, I believe it returns results since a certain
id, so the time window will continue to decrease as the number of
tweets per day grows.

To get your own tweets, you'll want to hit the "statuses/
user_timeline" endpoint of the REST API. See
http://dev.twitter.com/doc/get/statuses/user_timeline
This should allow you to grab your most recent 3200 tweets.

You are correct in thinking that you'll probably want to store those,
then going forward, you'll either want to periodically hit that
endpoint to grab newer tweets, or more efficiently, use the "statuses/
filter" endpoint of the streaming API and follow your own username to
suck down and store all your future tweets.

With regards to getting all retweets of your tweets, take a look at
"statuses/retweets_of_me" endpoint (for new style retweets).
http://dev.twitter.com/doc/get/statuses/retweets_of_me. For old-style
retweets, you'll need to use the streaming api, grab mentions, and do
a little bit of work to figure out which ones are retweets.

Hope that helps,
David