As I am testing my application, I am running into a weird problem with
signature generation. I am using the HMAC-SHA1 algorithm to generate a
signature key that is 40 characters long. I subsequently convert this
to bytes and base64 encode this. Comparing this with the example on
twitter.com I get a minor deviation, where the first signature is
generated by Twitter and the second one by me:

yOahq5m0YjDDjfjxHaXEsW9D+X0=
yOahqz+0YjDDjfjxHaXEsW9D+X0=

Subsequent tests with a reliable testing program for signature
generation gives a similar problem:

xeJLDda1e1EEYWZcMValATjsaD8=
xeJLDda1e1EEYWZcMValATjsaI4=

and another one:

dA8f6BIEz0o/GEtxwJ3ZtvPeP+o=
dA8f6BIEz0qDGEtxwJ3ZtvPeiOo=

They are so close, but still different. Does anyone have any idea what
this is ?