* Darren <darrenlb...@gmail.com> [100923 06:04]:
> I've tried adding in PERL5LIB for cron; still a problem the code that
> falls over in the crontab is as follows:
>
> $result = eval { $nt->update($text) };
>
> if ( $@ )
> {
>           errorTrap("update failed because: $@");
> }
>

> When it runs on the command line no errors; however inside a cron it
> return 'OK' in $result and
> $@ returns a code 200 (ie a success code) and then fails....

That would indicate Twitter returned an HTTP 200 response with en error
payload.  Let's try to get more information.  Give this a try:

    # make sure you have perl's basic diagnostics help
    use warnings;
    use strict;
    use Data::Dumper;

    print "Environment:\n", Dumper(\%ENV), "\n\n",

    my $result = eval { $nt->update($text) };
    if ( my $e = $@ ) {
        print
            "HTTP Request:\n",
            Dumper($e->http_response->request->as_string), "\n\n",
            "HTTP Response:\n",
            Dumper($e->http_response->as_string), "\n\n";
    }

Hopefully that will shed some light on the problem.

    -Marc