Hey Matt,

I know the tweet button very well, and I agree that it's better for
most use-cases (we're actually driving our customers towards using /
share instead of /home?status= for their custom share to Twitter
interfaces). However, all legacy 'Share on Twitter' or 'Tweet This'
implementations (that don't go through OAuth) use /home?status= and if
the things that worked before stop working as #newtwitter rolls out to
the full userbase, it's going to break a lot of stuff for people who
haven't yet had a chance to switch to the tweet button or a custom
integration with /share.

Thanks,
-jonathan