im doing the following:

    Twitterh.Key := <consumer key - hard coded>
    Twitterh.Secret := <consumer secret - hard coded>
    Twitterh.OAuth_token :=
SettingsFile.ReadString('TWITTER','TOKEN',''); //saved from when i got
the authorization from the user
    Twitterh.OAuth_token_secret :=
SettingsFile.ReadString('TWITTER','TOKENSECRET',''); //saved from when
i got the authorization from the user

after getting the authorization from the user i can do both getting
the statuses of the user and the followees but NOT updating the
status.
after "restart" of the application, at first try i do succeed to
receive the user's statuses but not his followees' , on second try
(without restart), i can do nothing and all for the same reason: not
authorized

not sure i understood the other reply of re-hashing, hashing of what
exactly? the only place i do some "processing" is when i ask for
authorization from the user. i want it so once i have it, to not need
to re-ask it over and over again

what am i missing?
thanks