Actually, for keyword searches of the past, wouldn't you use Search, not REST?
--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
http://borasky-research.net http://twitter.com/znmeb

"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems." - Paul Erdos

Quoting Tom van der Woerdt <i...@tvdw.eu>:

To be very simple: Streams = future, REST = past

If it's 8 AM, you should start your application that uses the Stream API
and stop it at around 9:45 AM. Then, for every tweet that comes in, you
would check the time and decide to use it or not.

With the REST API, you execute some requests at 9:45 AM, going back to
9:00 AM. Depending on the amount of tweets sent about AAPL, this may be
a lot of requests. I'd recommend using the Streams API and keep a small
program running to archive (or whatever you want to do with them) the
tweets.

Tom