There's no way right now to get usernames in bulk. Get the ids, then
query and get the complete info 100 at a time. You can build this for
your users over time.

Once list of friends for a user has been retrieved, the next time a
user comes, you can just get the latest set of friends and add them to
the existing records.

-Nischal