thank you for your reply

1. my app is in read/write mode - i just double checked it - and
updating a new twit fails for 401 unauthorized

2. i changed the url according to what you wrote:
http://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/user_timeline/...  and
http://twitter.com/statuses/friends_timeline.xml.... and again,
retrieving the user statuses works ok while retrieving the followees
fails for 401 unauthorized. if i ask for a user authorization (pin)
again, both works fine once and again the loop of self statuses works
while followees doesnt

3. regarding the headers: i admit that im not sure i understood what
do you mean and how will it make it easier for other people to help
me. can you please elaborate?

4. the first 2 calls and the other 2 calls have the same oauth_token.
while the 2 first calls work, the other 2 calls don't or more
accurately, the first call (my statuses) works and the other one
doesnt, that what kills me in all this, if none worked i would think
that something is wrong with my processing, but the first call does
work the only problem is with getting the followees statuses (and
updating a twit but maybe it's a different problem)