On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 1:43 PM, Thomas Mango <tsma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Are you sure you're requesting the correct format? I was able to POST
> to /:user/:list_id/members.xml with an id of a user and it correctly
> added the user to my list and responded with XML:
>
> POST: /14338478/23124429/members.xml?id=14477861
> Response: http://gist.github.com/607880
>
Thanks Thomas.  Glad to see that it is working.  I've tried both XML
and JSON.  I'm using Grackle for the client.  The request is
authenticating properly because in all the Twitter web page that is
returned there's a lot of JavaScript which indicates I am the signed
in user.

At the top of the page, there's a NOSCRIPT snippet:

    <noscript>
        <meta http-equiv=refresh content="0;
URL=/1/damon/tahoetechtalk-2010/create_all.xml?_twitter_noscript=1" />
      </noscript>

I believe that's the right structure for the URL so it's almost as if
it's the wrong host.

However, Grackle uses the API host by default and I've used it many
times before just fine.

The Grackle call is just:
result = client._("#{list_user}")._("#{list_slug}").create_all.xml!
:screen_name => "#{chunk1}"

where chunk1 is just a comma-separated list of screen names.

There must be something wrong with the request I'm sending to Twitter,
but I can't see what it is from this end at the moment.

Thanks!
/damon

-- 
Twitter developer documentation and resources: http://dev.twitter.com/doc
API updates via Twitter: http://twitter.com/twitterapi
Issues/Enhancements Tracker: http://code.google.com/p/twitter-api/issues/list
Change your membership to this group: 
http://groups.google.com/group/twitter-development-talk

Reply via email to