I am not a developer, but when I asked for help from Twitter support,
they directed me to ask this group my question. Here is my problem
that I sent to Twitter support:

"I need help with the Tweet button. When I customize under URL to "The
URL for the page the button is on" then tweet from it, it doesn't go
to the blog post the button is on. Rather it takes me to a blank page
with the tiny tweet button up in the left-hand corner. I'm confused.
Maybe my blog won't allow it to work that way? I have since changed
the button in my latest post to just link to my blog's main URL, so it
just goes to the homepage rather than the newest post. My blog is made
in iWeb. Is that the problem? Thank you!"