Hi Gabrielu,

I was going to add, you can always do something on the client for *one
off *images.
For example, here is a javascript function using jQuery to fetch user
object. Keep in mind, rate limits are 150, so if you expect your visitors to
go way over that, then this is a bad way to go, but if you happen to have
something where they are going to look at a handful of image, this can be
useful.

function fetchUserProfile(userName) {
 $.ajax({
  url: "http://api.twitter.com/1/users/show/
"+profileName+".json?cursor=-1&callback=?",
  cache: false,
  success: function(data) {

   // this variable below will container the URL to the twitter avatar
   var profile_image_url = data.profile_image_url;

  }
 });
}

Peter Denton