Just to update, you were right. I looked into the oauth libraries I was using and it turns out I had the wrong version installed on the new EC2 instance and that was causing the issue. As soon as I changed versions, it connected. Thanks again for your help!

John Kalucki wrote:
I can see what you describe in the logs. The most likely problem is that
the EC2-based client isn't signing the OAuth correctly somehow. There
should be nothing on our end that allows you in on one IP, but 401s you
on another.

-John

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 1:28 PM, tsmango <tsma...@gmail.com