We only return enough to display the basic information about a place.
This is because some places have a lot of information in their place
object, for example some cities and areas have a polygon with over 600
points. For more detailed information make a request to the URL given
in the place object:
    http://api.twitter.com/1/geo/id/247f43d441defc03.json

Things like city and state come from the Geo hierarchy indicated by
the contained_within data returned from the place URL.

@themattharris
Developer Advocate, Twitter
http://twitter.com/themattharris