Looking into this it shows this is a presentation issue on twitter.com
as these are mentions. To confirm this I checked the in_reply_to
fields in the API response. In these messages the in_reply_to fields
are null. This can also be seen when not in #newtwitter -
http://twitter.com/mikedizon does not report the tweet as a reply to
you.

I've let the webteam know about this heading causing confusion.

---
@themattharris
Developer Advocate, Twitter
http://twitter.com/themattharris