Thanks to @gotwalt for spotting the missing commas.

Fixed JSON sample ...

[
  {
    "coordinates": null,
    "truncated": false,
    "created_at": "Thu Oct 14 22:20:15 +0000 2010",
    "favorited": false,
    "entities": {
      "urls": [
      ],
      "hashtags": [
      ],
      "user_mentions": [
        {
          "name": "Matt Harris",
          "id": 777925,
          "id_str": "777925",
          "indices": [
            0,
            14
          ],
          "screen_name": "themattharris"
        }
      ]
    },
    "text": "@themattharris hey how are things?",
    "annotations": null,
    "contributors": [
      {
        "id": 819797,
        "id_str": "819797",
        "screen_name": "episod"
      }
    ],
    "id": 12738165059,
    "id_str": "12738165059",
    "retweet_count": 0,
    "geo": null,
    "retweeted": false,
    "in_reply_to_user_id": 777925,
    "in_reply_to_user_id_str": "777925",
    "in_reply_to_screen_name": "themattharris",
    "user": {
      "id": 6253282,
      "id_str": "6253282"
    },
    "source": "web",
    "place": null,
    "in_reply_to_status_id": 12738040524,
    "in_reply_to_status_id_str": "12738040524"
  }
]

Best,
@themattharris