Hi,

I am new to the Twitter API world and appreciate your help.

I am trying to do some sentiment analysis around few topics. The
options that I think I have (although dont know if these options
actually exist)

1. download last one month of tweets (related to various topic) and
then run sentiment analysis on them

or

2. run the Search API (w/ query = "topic") several times in a day and
collect the tweets over a period of month and then  do the data
analysis. the problem with this method is that twitter rate limits how
many search query one can make in a day (white-listing seems to be
taking ages)

I am sure several people have done similar things in past. would
really appreciate if you could please share your thoughts/experience.

Cheers
Abhi