Why not just make a list with those 60 names on it and poll the list?

Well, unfortunately there is one problem with this. Twitter does not
include list member's replies to people not on the list, so this will
not guarantee getting all tweets. I strongly disagree with Twitter's
list model in this regard, but that's better discussed somewhere else.