Hey Everyone,

As part of the Snowflake roll out we said we would be adding string
representations of our IDs to the JSON responses. Today we enabled the
string representations and our JSON responses now contain IDs as both a
number and the number as a string. Objects which were cached before the
string representation was enabled will not contain the _str field until the
cache gets updated. To accomodate for this we recommend you write your code
to look for the _str data point first, and then fallback to the original ID
if the _str doesn't exist.

More information and the developer discussion can be found in the Google
Groups thread linked below. Please continue to use that thread for
discussions and questions about Snowflake, and check there for code snippets
and advice from the Twitter team.

http://groups.google.com/group/twitter-development-talk/browse_thread/thread/6a16efa375532182

Best,

@themattharris