Hi Tobias,

First thing to do is make sure you have the most recent version of the
library. I'm actively developing it and adding various features/utilities to
it.

Secondly, take a look at the Streaming API example here:

http://github.com/themattharris/tmhOAuth/blob/master/examples/streaming.php

Give the example script a try - the library was built around that example
(remember to fill in your consumer and user tokens and secrets). If you
still have problems let me know on the Github project page issues:
    http://github.com/themattharris/tmhOAuth

Best,

@themattharris
Developer Advocate, Twitter