I have a simple oauth client that I use to post status updates
currently, however, when I added the ability to track statuses with
the Stream api using OAuth I noticed I could not connect, with
Unauthorized 401 being the reply to anything I sent it. I looked into
the documentation and it seems to be a simple request using the same
OAuth style as the normal api. After searching threads I noticed the
rate limiting and so I have left my app alone for extended periods of
time and still I get 401s. I tested against basic auth, and the code
worked! Mmmmm, that was odd. So unless I am mistaken I am doing
something wrong, but I am posting to the right url and mirroring my
basic auth test to no avail. The code is at:

http://github.com/bmeck/Simple-Bot/blob/master/modules/twitter.js
the track() function is the boilerplate that is in question
oa.post is a simple rest wrapper for oauth POST.

Any help or directions as to where to go from here is much
appreciated.

Cheers,
Bradley