Another test unsuccessful:
I was reading a post that spoke of Consumer key becoming "poisen" so I
tried adding another application consumer/secret key combination to
the twitter account and using these new Consumer and Secret keys, but
I still cant get a response from twitter when requesting and access
token...

NOTE:
This same program was working before oAuth xAuth came in... so the
problem is with the xAuth credentials validation.
AND: When I use the values in Twitter documentation it produces the
same base string, signature and authorization parameters as displayed
in dev.twitter.com/pages/xauth .?

Can anyone help ..?