I don't think that's entirely true.  If the keyword goes above a
certain frequency then it will get rate limited (for example we have
an open stream for "http" to get links and only see about 20% of the
overall links).  We're seeing about 50 tweets / second so I would
imagine you'll be less than that in which case you should be fine.

Terry