This is the exact problem I reported a few days back.

According to this
discussion<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/583562/json-character-encoding>of
the JSON spec, when encoding strings inside JSON:

"All Unicode characters may be placed within the quotation marks except for
the characters that must be escaped: quotation mark, reverse solidus, and
the control characters (U+0000 through U+001F)"

If I understand that correctly Twitter API might be encoding the strings
wrong. I worked around this hiccup by modifying my parser.

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 7:12 PM, Morris Li <morris...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> i have got an issue with my PHP version while developing the tweeter
> application.
> Our company setting at the moment is: php 5.1.2
> the json_decode function is from 5.2+.
> So when I try to tweet a message to twitter it throws 'Illegal escape
> sequence 'u''.
>
> Can anyone would like to help?
> Below is the issue that I have got:
>
> --