I'm currently using the user streaming API to get all the usermentions
made to a specific user (that the user follows).  Unfortunately the
"onStatus" method part of the UserStreamListener gets called every
time a status message gets created for every user that the user
follows.  If you follow a large number of users then that could be
called a number of times which is undesirable.  Any ideas on how to go
about this?  Using the twitter streaming api filters would work but
that would be for public profiles only, we would like it to work for
profiles with protected tweets.  Thanks.