Hi Guys, thanks for the information.

I'm sure the authentication is successful.  I use the secret_tokens to
post
that I had generated.

This is running on my own server and no other app/program on that
server is
accessing Twitter.

Someone else mentioned that it might also return a 403 error if the
tweet is
a duplicate of the last one tweeted.  They suggested that I keep a
check of the
last successful tweet and make sure that the next one does not match
that.  Fair
enough, but I don't think that's the case here...

Here are the 3 most recent failed messages I received today:

This one came in at 8 AM

Random Listing (CRON) Auction ID: 101802
Name: BABY FURITURE
Start Bid: 5.00
Error Message: Request has been refused. Possible causes: denied due
to update limits.

The next one came in at 10 AM (exactly 2 hours later, just like it's
supposed to)

Random Listing (CRON) Auction ID: 101792
Name: Queen-Size Headboard
Start Bid: 1.50
Error Message: Request has been refused. Possible causes: denied due
to update limits.

And this last one came in at 12 PM (again 2 hours later)

Random Listing (CRON) Auction ID: 101839
Name: Steel Butterfly Wall Hanging
Start Bid: 2.50
Error Message: Request has been refused. Possible causes: denied due
to update limits.

So as you can see, all 3 are different auctions, and all 3 failed.

I'm not yet sure how to get back any other message from Twitter on
what the actual cause is.

I only get back an error number (in this case 403) and I look that
number up in a table that has
the corresponding error message tied to it, as found here:

http://apiwiki.twitter.com/w/page/22554652/HTTP-Response-Codes-and-Errors

If anyone has any idea how to get back the additional response as
DaveH recommends above,
please let me know.

Thanks again.
Peter