FYI, we found out the hard way today that PHP's json_decode does not
handle the new id size released in snowflake.  By default, PHP's
json_decode automatically converts big ints to floats - resulting in
an exponential number.  In our case, we were handling ID's in a string
(to support an unknown size and type of identifier - some id's aren't
integers)...and this caused quite the issue with some of our features.

So, even though the 53 bit integer won't be hit for another 23 days
now - if you are using PHP and the built in json_decode, you may want
to switch to the id_str asap.