Just so we're all on the same page this is the comment I left on the issue
tracker:

"This is an old ticket which recent tests cannot reproduce. I've run through
with some test accounts and suspended users are not returned in the
friends/followers ids lists.

Is there a specific method in which a suspended user is being returned? If
there is let us know with an example and we'll reopen the ticket.

Also fixing the status as a duplicate without a related status ID is not
meaningful."

I hope the message was clear here that this was not "Just another example of
the twitter dev/advocates ignoring a blatant issue." but instead something
we were unable to reproduce.

DustyReagan responded with examples of where this is still an issue and so
the ticket has been re-opened and we are investigating.

Best,
@themattharris
Developer Advocate, Twitter
http://twitter.com/themattharris

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 2:22 PM, Edward Hotchkiss <
edw...@edwardhotchkiss.com> wrote:

> Just another example of the twitter dev/advocates ignoring a blatant issue.
>
> Best,
>
> --------------
> Edward H. Hotchkiss
> http://www.edwardhotchkiss.com/
> http://www.twitter.com/edwardhotchkiss/
> --------------
>

> On Nov 11, 2010, at 4:02 PM, DustyReagan wrote:
>
>  They closed the ticket:
>> http://code.google.com/p/twitter-api/issues/detail?id=430
>>
>> I commented to try and get it re-opened. Perhaps a new ticket needs to
>> be opened.
>>
>> If this bug doesn't get fixed, I think what I'll try doing is use
>> javascript to intercept all user requests to vist Twitter.com. I'll
>> check just the webpage's head and look for a 404. If it's a 404 I'll
>> send a message back to my server and verify it's a suspended account
>> via a user show API call, then mark it in my DB. The user will see the
>> error page once, but not a 2nd time. Pain! And even this method has no
>> way of finding suspended accounts that have since been un-suspended.
>> The only way I can think of dealing with that is to constantly check
>> currently suspended accounts to see if they've been reactivated.
>>
>> Maybe we should just refer our complaining users to the ticket issue
>> so they can comment and star it. ;)
>>
>> On Nov 11, 12:14 am, Tim Haines <tmhai...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hey Dusty,
>>>
>>> It's currently assigned to @al3x, I'm sure he'll get to it some day.  ;-)
>>>
>>> I have a list of about 28k suspended ids or deleted accounts, out of
>>> around
>>> 8m I have on file.  I'm pretty sure there's maybe 5% or so false