You can also take a look at one of my apps that pulls out a lot of
this data for any (public) Twitter user.

http://tweetstats.com/graphs/dacort shows my activity since I joined
Twitter and can be broken down by month.

I'd be very interested in hearing your conclusions, feel free to let
me know if there's a way I can help.

Damon