Is it fair to say that both geo and coordinates have effectively been
replaced by place?  Or is there circumstances when you would still use
coordinates over place?

In other words - if I were building a brand new client from scratch
would I pay any attention to geo or coordinates, or only concern
myself with place?

Cheers,
dw.