Hi Chris,

The JS-API is considered part of the Internals of @anywhere and isn't
supported by Twitter. You are free to experiment with it but please be aware
that features and functionality may change or be removed without notice.

With regards to what you are trying to achieve, the TweetBox supports the
status update parameters.

You set these parameters by using the 'data' object for the TweetBox. You
can put any key: value into the data literal which is supported by the
REST API.
    http://dev.twitter.com/doc/post/statuses/update

Here's an example using the data literal to set
the 'in_reply_to_status_id'.

 twttr.anywhere(function (T) {
   T("#example-metadata").tweetBox({
     'defaultContent' : "@anywhere thanks!",