There's a third date format for tweets returned by the Search API. Time for me to check my parsers again. There's a Perl module that will literally parse any imaginable date format, but it's hopelessly slow for the kind of volume Twitter delivers.
--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
http://borasky-research.net http://twitter.com/znmeb

"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems." - Paul Erdos

Quoting Rich <rhyl...@gmail.com>:

It appears on normal timelines the created_at field is Wed Mar 25
22:04:55 +0000 2009
On DMs it's now formatted Tue Nov 23 16:47:09 UTC 2010 which causes a
number of parsers to fail if they are looking for offsets rather than
timezone codes.